Friday, October 5, 2012

Pumpkins!

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins
Mundo Lindo has started up again for the 2012-2013 school year. Twenty four kids came the first day. All 4th and 5th graders from Escondido public schools.
Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins
I showed them how to draw a pumpkin, first in pencil, then outlining in marker. (I had them trace their own drawings onto another sheet of paper, for a second pumpkin drawing, filled with pattern.)
Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins
Then paint in watercolor.
Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins
"Take my picture!"
Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins
The second pumpkin, filled with patterns.
Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

Mundo Lindo ~ Pumpkins

7 comments:

M. Mollerskov said...

I sooo love the work that all the children do during Mundo Lingo days. I'm a retired elementary Teacher and this feeds my soul! Beautiful artwork, Kids!!

streetcar said...

absolutely fabulous! i love the energy and heart of this paintings.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - what a great job they all did!

Cheryl said...

These are wonderful. A real inspiration. I want to go get a pumpkin to draw and paint now. I hope they are as free and exciting as these done by the kids. Thanks for making a difference in their lives and in ours.

Amy Art Quilter & Fyber Cafe said...

The watercolor trays sure gave them some bright colors to work with! They probably liked it better than old crayons. Very creative work and colors. Love it!

June said...

Oh, I love this so much! My first art teacher told me I should have taken home ec! A good teacher makes art fun!

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

This post made my day. I so enjoyed seeing the different children's take on the pumpkin - they're all beautiful and unique. You do a great thing for them, opening their eyes and giving them the opportunity to be creative.