Friday, December 21, 2012

Helping Hands Project for Sandy Hook Elementary

helping hands project
Today we talked about the deaths at Sandy Hook Elementary School. The kids listened intently and talked about what they'd heard and how they felt. I told them about the Helping Hands Project
helping hands project
Each child printed their hands. Then to the sheet of paper, they added their name, age, city and what they wanted to tell the children from Sandy Hook Elementary, when they returned to school in Newtown, CT,  in January. (Hand prints, like ours, from all over the country will hang in the new school. At least that's the plan)
helping hands projecthelping hands project


helping hands project
Brittany, our wonderful 16 year old volunteer and Abi.
helping hands project

helping hands project
The kids asked me what I thought they should write...We discussed it, and I told them as long as it was from their heart, it was good.

helping hands project
The children were intent and serious with this project. Made me cherish them even more, if that's possible.
helping hands project

helping hands project

helping hands project

helping hands project

helping hands project

helping hands project

helping hands project

1 comment:

Sharon Gorberg said...

THe thoughts of these children to the children of sandy Hook are bringing tears to my eyes. And their faces and smiles are so sweet. After I retire I want to join you for a visit as a visiting artist. Quite a good idea that I just came up with! :)